1. Do I need a referral to see a physio?
No. A referral is not necessary. However, if you have one, please bring it so we can call the doctor if required. Please note that if you have hurt yourself at work and you are covered through a Workers Compensation Scheme, or you are a Medicare or a Dept. Of Veteran’s Affairs (DVA) patient, you do need a referral.
2. What do I need to bring to my first visit?
Please bring the following items only if you have them
Any X-Rays, scans or other tests.
Your health fund or student or pension card (if you have one). You do not need to bring this if you are a Workers Comp, DVA or Medicare patient.
If you are a Workers Compensation patient, you need to bring:
- A doctors referral.
- A current Workcover Medical Certificate.
- Insurance company details, including Case Manager’s name, contact details and your claim number (if you already have it).
If you are a Medicare patient, you need to bring:
- An EPC referral or patient care plan from your GP.
- Your Medicare card.
If you are a DVA patient, you need to bring:
- A DVA referral form from your GP.
- Your DVA card.
3. What should I wear?
Loose, comfortable clothing is recommended. For neck problems, the physiotherapist may ask you to remove your top. For back, hip and knee problems, the physiotherapist is likely to ask you to remove your trousers. If required, we have shorts, singlets and gowns to allow for privacy and access to the injured area.
4. How long are appointments?
The first appointment is 40 – 60 minutes. Follow-up appointments are 20 – 30 minutes.
5. What are your opening hours?
Mon, Wed, Thurs 9am – 6.30pm
Tues and Fri 10am – 4pm
Sat 8am – 1pm
After hours appointments are available on request.
1. What is the cost of your physiotherapy consultation?
First visit $103
Follow-up visit $68
2. How do I Pay?
Payment is required immediately after your consultation. If you are a patient with a private health fund with physiotherapy cover, please bring your health fund card along. We have the IBA Health system. This means you can swipe your card and immediately claim your health fund rebate and only pay the gap. Otherwise we accept cash, EFTPOS and credit card, including American Express.
3. Is there a Cancellation Policy?
Yes. There is a $30 cancellation fee if less than 24 hours notice is given.
4. What if I am a Workcover, Department of Veterans Affairs or Medicare patient?
You will not be charged any consultation fees or gap payments.